Your privacy is important to us at Metadonors.
We have prepared this privacy statement (hereinafter also referred to as "information") in a simple and understandable way to help you understand who we are, what data we collect about you, and what we do with it.
We want you to be aware that your personal data (hereinafter also simply "data" or "your data") are any information or set of information from which you can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular with reference to an identifier, such as name and surname, email address, telephone number, etc.
Please consider that this is a general information: you may find more specific information in relation to the different products, services or applications that we offer in other parts of the site.
Please take some time to read the entire information, so if you do not agree with the way we treat personal data, you can avoid providing it to us.
This information explains the way in which we collect and use (i.e. process) your data for example:
– when you visit or use our websites, applications or our social channels;
– purchase or use our products, services, systems or applications;
– subscribe to our newsletter;
– you provide us with products or services;
– you contact our customer service;
– you participate in our events;
Or in any other way you interact with us as a buyer, customer, consumer, business partner, supplier, contractor, or as an employee of another business or humanitarian organization or other non-profit entity that has a relationship with us or business contacts or in any other capacity you may have a professional or business relationship with us.
When this disclosure says "we" or "the company" it refers to the owner of the personal data, which is Metadonors Srl
Depending on who you are (customer, consumer, supplier, business partner, etc.) and how you interact with us (for example, online, offline, by telephone, etc.), we may process different data.
For example, we may collect your data when you visit our website, applications or social media, when you purchase our products, use our services, products, systems or applications, subscribe to our newsletter, download a software update, provide goods or services to us, contact our customer service team, attend our events, enter our contests, or interact with us in any other way.
Below you will find an overview of the categories of data we may process.
Data category / data examples
– Identification data: for example Name, surname, title, date of birth
– Contact data: for example Email, telephone number, address, country
– Login credentials: such as username, password or other security codes
– Images and/or videos from which you may be identified: such as photos uploaded to your accounts or otherwise provided
– Any other information you decide to share with us: for example Feedback, opinions, reviews, comments, uploaded files, interests, information provided in our due diligence procedures
When you visit or use our websites or applications, sign up for our newsletter or interact with us through our digital channels in any other way, we may collect, in addition to the information you provide us directly, information you automatically send us your computer, your mobile phone or other devices you use to access our channels.
Data category / data types
– Device information: Model, IMEI and other unique device identifiers MAC address, IP address, OS version, settings of the device you use to access the various services
– Log information: Time and duration of your use of the digital channel or product
– Location information: your location (i.e. the geographical area where you are ) that derives from your IP address or other geolocation-based technologies that allow us to have this type of information when you enable location on our products or services, such as when you use our apps
– More information about the your use of our digital channels or products: The apps you use, the websites you visit, the links you click on when you receive our promotional emails, data from motion sensors
In compliance with applicable law, in addition to our websites, applications and other digital channels, we may also obtain information about you from other sources, such as public databases, business partners, social media platforms and other third parties.
For example, depending on the settings of your social profiles if you decide to connect to our products or services through your social account, to log in one of our applications to your social account or to connect to one of our pages through a social network you use some data from your social media account may be shared with us, including some data that is part of your profile.
We may use your data for a variety of legitimate reasons and business purposes.
Below are the purposes for which we process your data:
– Evaluation and monitoring of (potential) customers, suppliers, and/or business partners: Due diligence procedures
– Conclusion and execution of contracts: sale, billing, shipping products, signing up for mobile applications or websites, warranties, communication services, account management o contact center
– Direct marketing: promotion of contacts with business or consumer customers, email marketing, market research, personalizing your experience by presenting you products and offers modeled on you (such as on our sites or on our apps or through other communication channels)
– Security and protection of our interests or assets: develop and maintain technical and organizational security measures, conduct internal audits and investigations, conduct assessments to verify conflicts of interest
– Legal obligations: To disclose data and information to competent authorities, to data protection supervisory authorities, according to the regulations in force in the countries in which our business partners operate, for example for voluntarily applied regulations on payment control or anti-money laundering, insurance compliance, record keeping and reporting obligations, conducting regulatory compliance audits, complying with inspections and requests from governments or authorities, complying with procedural requests, such as witness obligations, and handling claims or complaints internal.
– Defense in court: Act or defend ourselves in court
If we ask you to provide us with your data, but you choose not to, in some cases we may not be able to guarantee that you will be able to use our products, services, systems or applications. Or we may not be able to respond to your requests.
We may send you regular commercial communications about our products, services, events and promotions.
If you give your consent in the request forms that we have prepared, we will send you direct marketing communications, aimed at promoting our activities. These communications will reach you via email.
We will always give you the opportunity to withdraw the consent you have given us.
In any case, you can always object to receiving marketing messages: especially for emails, just follow the unsubscribe instructions provided at the bottom of each email.
If you are registered and have your own profile, you can always change your preferences relating to marketing communications in the dedicated area.
You can always contact us (you will find our contact details in the section "what are my rights?") to opt out of receiving marketing-related communications.
Please note that even if you opt-out of receiving marketing communications, you will continue to receive our administrative communications, such as those relating to product or service updates, price changes, anomalous activity on your account, and other notices important.
If you subscribe to the newsletter, but do not consent to marketing communications, you will only receive the newsletter you have requested, until you decide to unsubscribe, in the manner indicated in the email with which we send you the newsletter or through the website.
To process your data lawfully we can serve you on several legal bases:
– Your consent (only when it is required or permitted by law).IF we use consent as a legal basis to process your data, you can withdraw it easily and without expenses at any time;
– The need to conclude a contract with you and fulfill the obligations that derive from it;
– The need to comply with obligations imposed on us by law, or to exercise a right or defend ourselves in court;
The need to pursue one of our legitimate interests, such as:
– Ensuring that our network and our information are secure
– For administrative and accounting needs relating to the group of companies to which we belong;
–To prevent suspected violations of the law or investigate violations of the law that have actually occurred, as well as violations of contracts with business customers or for non-compliance with policies or principles that we follow and impose on our suppliers and business partners (eg. Codes of ethics, quality standards);
– he need to respond to your request;
– the need to analyze site traffic in order to improve its performance and your browsing experience.
We share your data with others only in the cases indicated below
If it is necessary for the pursuit of the purposes set out in this statement, we may communicate the data to the recipients indicated below.
Affiliates or related companies: as we are a multinational company, your data may be shared with other companies that are part of the same group. We guarantee that, in any case, only authorized subjects who must necessarily process them will have access to your data.
Suppliers: We may outsource some services to trusted third parties to provide us with functionality and services, such as the provision of ICT services, shipping or consultancy services.
Business partners: we may share your data with reputable business partners so that they can provide you with the service you request (e.g. Stripe);
Public and governmental authorities: when required by law, or when it is necessary to protect our rights, we may share data with the competent bodies.
Companies, professionals and consultants: we can share your data with professionals and consultants such as banks, insurance companies, auditors, lawyers, accountants.
Other parties in the event of corporate operations: in the event of corporate operations or transfers of company branches, we may share your data with other companies or groups of companies depending on the transaction from time to time carried out, purchase or transfer of company or company branch, corporate restructuring, mergers, incorporations, joint ventures, or any other operation of a corporate or corporate nature (including bankruptcy or arrangement or other similar insolvency proceedings).
Traffic data, IP addresses and the data you provide to us through cookies may be accessed or transferred by affiliates or trusted third parties in many countries around the world.
It means that your data may be processed in countries other than the one in which you live, if it is necessary for the purposes we have highlighted in this policy.
If you live in the European Economic Area, know that your data may be processed outside the EEA, and in particular in the United States. The companies to which we transfer data and which operate in this country are members of the Privacy Shield and the European Commission has recognized that they offer an adequate level of protection (adequacy decision).
We keep your data for the time necessary to achieve the purpose for which we collected it (for clarification on the purposes read the paragraph "How do we use your data?").
Please keep in mind that in some cases a longer retention period may be permitted or required by law. The criteria for determining the retention period include:
– How long do we need the data to provide you with the product or service or to operate our business?
– You have requested our newsletter and have never said do you want to unsubscribe?
– Do you have an account? In this case we will keep your data as long as the account is active, for as long as necessary to provide you with the service.
Are we subject to a legal, contractual, administrative or similar obligation to retain your data? For example, when there are rules that oblige the retention of data, or judicial orders to retain relevant data in an investigation, or the data must be retained to assert a right in court.
To protect your data, we take appropriate measures in compliance with applicable law, including requiring our service providers to use appropriate measures to keep information about you confidential and to keep your data secure.
Depending on the state of the art, implementation costs and the nature of the data to be protected, we implement technical and organizational measures aimed at preventing the risk of destruction, loss, alteration, disclosure or unauthorized access to your data.
We want to remind you that it is your responsibility to ensure to the best of your knowledge that the data you provide us is accurate, complete and up to date. Furthermore, if you share other people's data with us, it is a clear responsibility to treat that data according to the law.
For example, it will be up to you to inform the people whose data you provide us with of the content of this information and to obtain their consent if the law provides for it.
We provide you with access to your data.
Generally you can control your data independently (for example by accessing your account) and you can update, modify or, if the law allows it, delete them.
We encourage you to check your details regularly.
However, you can always contact us if you want to:
– review, modify or delete the data you have provided us with (if we are no longer allowed to keep them or we are not obliged to keep them);
– oppose certain treatments ( for example for marketing communications);
– receive a copy of your data (in a commonly used readable format);
– ask us for any other information regarding the protection of your data
The contact details of the owner:
– Metadonors Srl – Via Bruno Buozzi 90 - 59100 Prato
The contact details of the DPO (Data Protection Officer)
– Fabio Baglioni
We do our best to respond to requests on time and free of charge except when this requires disproportionate effort.
In some cases we may ask you to verify your identity before processing your request.
If you are not satisfied with the response received, you can make a complaint to the competent Supervisory Authority in your country (for Italy it is the Authority for the protection of personal data).
For information on this type of treatment read the cookie information
We do not intentionally process data from children under the age of 16.
Specific information for minors under 16: if you are under 16, we warn you that you must obtain the consent of your parents or guardians before providing us with your data.
Specific information for parents of children under 16: we recommend that you monitor and monitor your children's use of products, services, applications and systems (including the website and other digital communication channels) to ensure that your children do not share any information with us without your permission .
WHEN WILL THIS INFORMATION BE UPDATED?
This information may undergo changes over time.
The most recent version of the information on the site is the one that reflects the processing of personal data and information that we operate.